Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Sensitive Subject

Male Infant Circumcision for Non-Medical Reasons 



With so many people relying on the show The Doctors to get accurate health information I am a bit horrified over the amount of misinformation given in the episode talking about the ban on non-medical infant circumcision that San Fransisco has proposed.  I get that, as a talk show, we are bound to get personal opinion and that is great.  Everyone has the right to express their opinion, but no one has the right so spread misinformation, especially when your job is specifically to inform the public!  


Dr Sears, the pediatrician on the show,  does an alright job with providing a more well-rounded view but he does fail to counter some important points.  This video, does what Dr Sears could not and accurately breaks down the false arguments that the other hosts make. If you ignore the obnoxious editing and comment about rape and roofies I would say that this is a great informative video that really dives into  many of the myths that surround male circumcision.

No comments:

Post a Comment